"worship" = the act of adoring, praising and ascribing worth to God;
offering our service to God
Foremost, we are to be worshipers of God. Our desire is to grow in our love for God and to worship Him with all that we do and with all we are. We want to see our worship expressed holistically through our day-to-day living and lifestyle. We desire our worship to be expressed in creativity and in beauty, since God is the ultimate creator.
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship."
- Romans 12:1 -
To grow in our WORSHIP
- We seek to be worshipers wherever we are, creating a culture of worship
- We long to break out of a two-dimensional mode of worship during our gatherings. We want to express our love for God and learn the Scriptures in a variety of ways, reflecting the diversity of learning styles and temperaments that people are created with
- We use the arts as a creative expression of worship because we are created in the image of God, who is the ultimate Creator
- We look to the historical church for inspiration, blending the ancient with present
- We try to incorporate prayer everywhere in our community, as prayer demonstrates our dependency upon God
- We desperately seek the Holy Spirit's leading and direction for the church and do not rely only on human methodologies for ministry
- We have communities developed for those interested in art, music, theater, and film