We are hiring for an Interim Director of Worship Gatherings and Production Arts!
Vintage Faith Church is seeking an part time Interim Director of Worship Gatherings and Production Arts. This position is highly administrative, and requires good people skills, with an appreciation for creativity and innovation.
Ensuring all details of worship gatherings are implemented, including such things as
- Preparing the worship space
- Scheduling volunteers involved with the gatherings
- Creating slides and video clips
- Creating and installing stage set designs
Connecting and scheduling volunteers to serve in their creative & technical giftedness
- The Arts Collective: Fine Art, Film, Spoken Word, Photography, etc.
- Production Arts: Sound, Lights, Video, Projection
20-25 hours per week including Sundays / other days TBD
This position will be working closely with Dan Kimball and Kristin Jensen
- Seeking spiritual maturity, striving to follow and obey Jesus in all areas of their lives
- Commitment to the vision and mission of VFC and to regularly participating in the life of the VFC community
- In alignment with Vintage Faith's Core Theology, Practices and Values
- Proficient in or able to learn the following computer programs/software: Microsoft Word/Excel, Google Docs, ProPresenter, Planning Center Online, Adobe Indesign
- Previous experience in ministry, leadership and/or team-building preferred
- Gift of creative thinking and artistic expression a plus
Overview of Role:
Provide general administrative support to the Worship Arts Ministry
- Attend Review/Preview meetings, take notes, and create action items list from meeting
- Oversee Creative elements task list for Sunday gatherings, including scheduling all people involved, and implementation of the elements
- Prepare and print cue sheets
- Send weekly “Review” email for each Sunday
- Create slides in Pro Presenter – songs, announcements, and occasional messages
- Schedule people for announcements / worshipful giving prayer – work with Kristin to ensure they are coached by Kristin as needed
- Prep sanctuary each week ahead of time, making sure it is tidy and organized and any creative elements are set up (communion, art corner, props, etc)
- General ongoing Sanctuary Organization: media loft, stage, prayer cove
- Assist Dan with teaching tasks – create notes, file sermons
Direct Sunday Worship Gatherings
- Personally direct Sunday gatherings 80% of the time.
- Lead the pre-gathering meetings with all involved (ensure everyone involved is informed and prepared for their part in the gatherings)
- Attend all worship gatherings and be the ‘eyes’ of the gathering, noting things that need improvement, making sure people are ready to transition, etc.
- Schedule the Production Arts Team: sound, lighting, video, projection
Provide administrative support for periodic events/projects
- Assist with creation and implementation of stage set designs (3x / year)
- Baptism assistance:
- prepare class, details and follow up for those baptized.
- prepare baptism tank aesthetically and with speaking mic for Sundays when there are baptisms (Custodial team will provide tank set up and heated)
- Be the “host” for guest speakers and worship leaders (honorarium check, hotel booking, airport transportation, gift basket, thank you card)
Help Interim Worship Arts team to discover and empower people to serve with:
- The Arts Collective: painters/doodlers, spoken word, readings, vids, interactive art, stage sets
- Production Arts: sound, lighting, video, projection