Marriage is a life-long adventure designed by God to be a relationship of love, purpose, and oneness. But the joy of a truly good marriage does not come automatically or easily.
Respero Ministry is offering a 4 week class on marriage on Monday evenings in May, to help couples invest in the long-term health of their marriage. The Marriage Class is for any couple, whether you have been together for one year or 50, and whether you feel you have a strong relationship or are struggling. If you have a strong marriage this course will help you make it even better and will reinforce your good habits. If on the other hand your marriage is in difficulty, the course will help provide you with very practical tools to help you work through the issues
We will focus on:
- building a foundation for a life-long marriage where both people flourish
- understanding God’s purposes for your marriage
- how to pursue and build oneness, both emotionally and physically (yes, we’ll talk about sex)
- how to understand our differences and turn them into strengths, especially differences in family backgrounds, personality, and gender
- healthy communication and conflict resolution
- the most important truths in the Bible about marriage
The class will be taught by Joe Bishop, who has over 35 years of experience as a pastor and marriage counselor. He has been married to his wife Kathy for 38 years. Hopefully it will be a time of fun, learning, and encouragement for everyone. There will be some guided conversation time for you as couples, but no group sharing with other couples (so you can relax about that).
The class will be held at the Nazarene Church at 115 S. Morrissey Ave. in Santa Cruz, and will meet from 7:00-9:00pm on MONDAYS May 2nd, 9th, 16th, and 23rd. Cost is $150 per couple. REGISTER HERE