n. 1. A person who is well versed in the study of the nature of God and inquires into religious questions
We strive to set a deep ethos of Scriptural study and discussion in our community in order to help us grow in our love for God and people. We want to view the world and culture through the lense of Scripture, not the other way around. We realize that we must become thinkers and theologians if we are serious about being disciples and being missional in today's culture.
"...and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that all God's people may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
- 2 Timothy 3:15-17
To grow as THEOLOGIANS:
- We teach through sections of the Bible in our worship gatherings
- Community Groups and mid-week life stage groups discuss and study the Scriptures together on a weekly basis
- We have periodic Think-Tanks, open forums and other special learning events
- Vintage Kids incorporates biblical teaching for all ages each Sunday and provides resources for parents to use to engage their children in discussions about God throughout the week
- We offer seasonal VFC "School of Theology" classes to help the community dig deeper into the Scriptures
- We want to develop book clubs, film nights and other ongoing venues that encourage thinking and discussion