Our heartbeat is to bring wholeness, purpose, and peace to the needy, marginalized, and forgotten in our community. We seek to integrate the giving lifestyle of Jesus into the very DNA of who we are individually and collectively.
"...act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8
... we organize and offer the larger VFC community an opportunity to have tangible local service experiences through regular all-church service events
... we invite the VFC community to serve more regularly and intentionally through opportunities to follow up personally with those we serve; lead, coordinate or serve more intensively with large scale VFC events; or volunteer on a regular basis with an existing organization
... we empower VFC to be educated and engaged in local justice and compassion issues
Opportunities to serve within our
Local Justice & Compassion Team
We need graphic designers, creatives, web developers, social media masters, networkers and people-people to help promote events!
We need friendly, organized people to help with the sign up tables for our events
Day of helper
Being willing to help in various ways on the day of events is always great!
Often we need to assemble or organize donations, so helping with this team is awesome!
Follow Up Team
You can help take another step with the people we serve in the following ways
- Delivery team: be available to deliver gifts/donations from events we put on
- Personal touch: giving a follow up phone call to people we serve to check in and see how they are is an incredible gift
- Follow up events: help us take the next step by organizing follow-up events (dinners, parties, etc) for those we serve!
We all know it's the administrative work that helps organizations and events actually run, so our behind-the-scene's admin help is imperative!
- Scheduling: help track the various scheduling aspects of events
- Phone call/email follow up for volunteers: helping organize our amazing volunteers!
- Data entry
- Day of administration
Partner Organizations and Projects
Second Harvest Food Bank
Second Harvest aims to end hunger and malnutrition by educating and involving the community... to use 95 cents of every dollar for program services while increasing the distribution of healthy foods and nutrition education.
- Help out at a Food Distrubtion Service Day
- Help organize or participate in events where VFC supports Second Harvest
Pregnancy Resource Center
Pregnancy Resource Center is a local non-profit organization assisting women through crisis, unwanted or untimely pregnancy and the beginning stages of parenting.
- Serve at PRC on-site as a volunteer
- Help organize or participate in our Backpack Drive or Christmas Compassion projects, which benefit PRC
In the Spirit of God’s love, provides an environment of total support for women experiencing a crisis pregnancy. Services are provided both before and after delivery.
- Serve at Siena House on-site as a volunteer
- Help organize or participate in our Backpack Drive or Christmas Compassion projects, which benefit Siena House
Encompass works with people to “create healthy change in their lives and community... delivers quality human services guided by the values of diversity and partnership”
- Serve through an Encompass organization as a volunteer
- Help organize or participate in events where VFC supports an Encompass org
Nueva Vista Family Resource Center
A Latino based community resource center, assisting low-income families and individuals in the northern Santa Cruz County. Our mission is to empower those who struggle with poverty, exclusion and racism while assisting them to meet their needs.
- Serve at Nueva Vista on-site as a volunteer
- Help organize or participate in events where VFC supports Nueva Vista
- Help organize or participate in our Backpack Drive or Christmas Compassion projects, which benefit Nueva Vista