Guest Services Director
To ensure that those who come to a Vintage Faith worship gathering experience an incredible, welcoming and obstacle-free experience. Practically, this means that people attending our Sunday gatherings are made to feel welcomed, safe, comfortable, and valued from the moment they park, when they enter our building, as they find a seat, when they leave a gathering and as they look to connect more deeply in community.
The Guest Services Director accomplishes their goals and objectives primarily through the recruitment, training and oversight of strong volunteer Guest Services Team Leaders (1-2 per gathering for the 9am, 11am, 5pm and 8pm gatherings) who then oversee Guest Services Gathering Teams.
The Director’s role is to:
- Alongside of their direct supervisor, oversee and implement Guest Service vision, direction, growth, health, and recruitment.
- Develop thriving Greeting/Mingling Teams, Usher Teams, Parking Teams and Connections Table hosts for each gathering by training, equipping and overseeing volunteer Guest Services Team Leaders for each gathering
- Check in with their Guest Services Team Leaders weekly via phone/email & once a month in person (for coffee, a meal, etc)
- Ensure GS Team Leaders are being regularly trained in pertinent skills needed for their role (can happen on Sundays or during weekly check in)
- Oversees and empowers GS Team Leaders on Sundays at all three gatherings (the glue and face of VFC gatherings) - should smile and calmly handle situations (see themselves as the “captain of the ship”)
- Ensure that Leader’s process queues in the database are being completed. If a Leader is unable to complete their task in the allotted time, then the Director is responsible to reallocate those responsibilities or to complete the task themselves.
- Leader and Volunteer Recruitment (personal ask, announcements, emails, fliers, etc.)
- A total of 12-14 hours a week
- Sunday is a work day onsite; other hours may be worked offsite
- Guest Services Director is asked not to miss more than 2 Sunday gatherings in a row
Communication & Meetings
- Has a weekly check-in meeting with support staff
- Attends monthly staff meetings and job-appropriate trainings and events
- Checks mailboxes and email for notes and information at every shift
Reports to: Kristin Jensen